Wednesday 6 September 2023

Astrology of My Favorite Anime Creators

I once checked Sun Signs of creators and staffers of my favorite anime creators. It turned out that more than half of them are Sagittarians.

Somehow Sags know how to make anime I will like. People being, K-On, Girls und Panzer, Another and many more titles are mostly Sagittarians. 

The list should also include Gen Urobutchi and all the amines he created: Gargantua, Black Lagoon, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Phantom, Requiem for Phantom.


My favorite anime, Code Geass was directed by a Libra Goro Taniguchi. Scriptwriter was Aries Ichiro Okouchi.

Goro Taniguchi also directed, Infinite Ryvius, Planetes, ID-0 and Maria the Virgin Witch.

Though he is perhaps surprisingly the only Libra author out there whose works I like. May be he is the only Libra creator at all.


There are three good Aquarian authors: Makoto Shikai who made 5cm per Second, Leiji Matsumoto and his Captain Herlock and People behind Strike Witches. They are all good.

There are good Gemini authors as well. Gorilla (Hideaki Sorachi) behind Gintama as well as dude being Claymore. They are very different shows, but both are good.

The entire Air triade is well represented among my faves. These guys clearly understand what I want from a show, I guess. The shows they make appeal to my highest desires and ambitions my ego. I enjoy them.


Scorps are behind Gunslinger Girl, Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Excel Saga manga.

Cancer is main creator of Jigoku Shoujo

Pisces are somewhat missing, I guess. Last of water triade is not there.

The water crew can create shows that appeal to my deepest and darkest emotional needs.


Fire Triade is also somewhat underrepresented. There are no Leos and only one Aries. Plenty Sagittarians but no one else.

Sagittarians can entertain me well. May be because they are flexible. Unlike Air triade, these shows are mostly just fun to watch.


Finally, Earth. No Tauruses. Only one Virgo who is director of above-mentioned Excel Saga.

Caps are several Elfen Lied manga, but not anime.

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji author is also Capricorn.

There is also Nichijou

Earth crew has the most complicated relationship with me. They seem way too mean and unfriendly as creators. The shows I like from them are most unlike the rest and most unlike each other: there is hardly anything in common between Kaiji, Nichijou and Elfen Lied. Somehow it is puzzling how these shows were all produced by people of the same Zodiac.

No comments:

Post a Comment