Thursday 21 September 2023

My Reasons to Like and Not Like Anime

There could be many reasons, too hard to list them all.

I think only Code Geass can appeal to them all, hence it is the only anime that gets 10/10

Likable - something I enjoy watching because it is cute and likable world and characters (Holy quad of GuP, Gochiusa, Bofuri, K-On!)

Smart - something that appeals to my intellectual side, talks about ideas that interest me (Kaiji, SEL, GitS, Planetes, Umineko, Mugen no Ryvius, Utena, Mawary Penguindrum) (my symbolism stack)

Dark Justice - something that satisfies my sense justice or allows me to see someone I hate die or suffer (Jigoku Shoujo)

Other dark emotions - I can't kill people IRL so I might as well indulge this side of me with anime and video games. I might want a gun and a 'License to Kill' like 007 James Bond or Luciano from Code Geass. (Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Black Lagoon, Dolls Frontline)

Just likable girls - I have peculiar taste in women so many here would not be what other would find likable. I like seeing girls suffer, I like when they endure suffering and sacrifice for me. (stuff from likable, but also 5 Centimeters per Second, Another, DearS, El Cazador de la Bruja, Hand Maid May, Dolls Frontline, Darker then Black Gaiden, Madoka Magica, Claymore, some hentai , DearS, Bondage Game, Himekishi Lilia)

Appeals to ego (Code Geass fits almost all other categories but especially here. Also Overlord, to some extend Fate/Zero)

High Stakes Epic Battles (Fate/Zero, Naruto as well as Shippuden, to some extend Madoka Magica, Claymore, GuP, Kaiji, Black Lagoon, may be Hellsing, Dolls Frontline, Beatless)

Curiosity - something that is complex enough to make me want to find out more. Often eerie. Often visually pleasing as well. Interesting art style. (Sora no Woto, Shiki, Gargantua, Mushishi, Makoto Shikai movies, some Hayayo Miazaki)

Funny - my kind of comedy that I find funny and hilarious (Second holy trinity/quad of Gintama, Nichijou, Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemi. Zucker Brother's stuff from Hollywood as well)

Good plot - (Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Naruto and Shippuden, Gargantua, Claymore, GuP)

Relatable - could be a mix of many other stuff. (Code Geass, Black Lagoon, Fate/Zero, Hand Maid May, Vlad Love (I am failing at vampiring as Mai, TT, I am not a girl though))


There are probably more than that but so far I will leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment