Friday 30 December 2022

Steins;Gate Review

Overall rating 8.0/10 - Very Good, fun with scientific bend, not too deep.

I recommend watching.

This one is rather interesting and curios anime. It has scientific flair to it, even though a lot of the things they say contradict facts.

It is about self-proclaimed mad scientist Hounin Kyoma (Okabe Rintaro) and his associates. He invents various weird tech devices he calls 'future gadgets'.

One of them is a microwave that sends emails into past. Hounin uses it to change present. He indents to make things better however some of these d-mails lead to unexpected consequences and story gets much faster from there on. (I will not spoil it any further here.)

Hounin himself is rather interesting and likable guy. He reminds me of one of my friends. He is not so much mad as much as he is smart and does a good job inventing things. Even if not all of them work as intended.

Daru is nice and relatively relatable tech geek/otaku. I think many can relate to him here, to the level even me.

Mayushi is nice, gentle and likable girl. 'gel-banas' 'Mayushi agrees'

Christina (Makisu Kurisu) - she is presented as smart and capable as Hourin. However I think she mostly complains about stuff that does anything useful. I am not into tsunderes. Her name reminds me of Christina I know, she is not like this one which is probably for the best.

There are also Moeka who fakes being dandere and 'Part time warrior' genki girl.

There is also unlikable girl Ferris, whom Daru likes for inexplicable reason and a strange dude that wants to be girl which is hard to relate.

All in all it is rather unusual and curios show that I can recommend. It is one of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment