Friday 19 April 2024

Rewatching Anime

 

Considering that tastes and fashion of the 2010s are total shit it's no surprise that I do rewatch anime from the 2000s and 1990s. Now that my to-watch list has dwindled again, I am picking more and more of the titles from my past. I recently rewatched Infinite Ryvius, sometime before I partly rewatched Claymore and Gunslinger Girl. I am trying to download Busou Shinki, please seed. 

They hold surprisingly well compared to the 2010s creations. I remember how much fun we used to make about Naruto's anime gimmicks, Sakura's uselessness and so on. Almost 20 years later it looks almost a masterpiece compare AoT or MHA. It's still only 7.5 out of 10 as 2000s era does have many more anime that are better than Naruto. For example .hack franchise I picked recently and Code Geass that I watched back when it was released.

I almost pity Zoomers for having to watch shit like MHA or Boruto, poor kids nowadays are forced to watch shit while we had access to awesome stuff, we used to take for granted. Sakura is hardly that bad compared to average modern anime heroine. I almost think that Kishimoto ninja-ed anime industry and sabotaging it from within to make Naruto shine in comparison to what came later.

I made reviews of some of the better anime I watched back then, including Naruto and its sequel Shippuden. Check them out. Some others are still to go.

I am not committing to rewatching it all, I will see how I feel. After all I already watched many of these many times and know all too well what is going to happen. However, anime of the 2000s are better than what one can find in 2010s.

No comments:

Post a Comment