Friday 19 April 2024

Frame Arms Girl Review

Overall Rating 8.2 out of 10 - Explementary waifu show and simply great anime.

This is the best new anime I have seen since Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji back in 2016. I recommend watching.

Back in 2020 I saw an hour and a half movie version that horribly butchered 12 episodes to the point that you had to guess the plot. Even then the potential was visible enough for me to rate it above 60.

I am very glad that I finally got my hands on the TV version. This one really shines. Now you can get the plot and its actually very nice warm and cozy, even if simple.

Girls are cute, adorable and sexy, both personality and appearance wise. These little skirts and panties are awesome, they are better than Strike Witches. The overall concept however closer to KanColle, but they represent not ships but tanks or jets instead. Girls are self-moving miniature figurines, that are covered with armaments. 

Their outfits, both armed and unarmed are one of the sexiest in anime. Zettai Ryoiki works magic here just as everywhere. Its creatively integrated with the rest of the design. Base has Playboy bunny girl feel and Materia and Jinrai have thongs. 

Pretty much every character here is likable in their own way. Somehow, they made even sadistic Materia sisters pitiful and endearing. It's actually hard to pick the best girl here. Goirai, Sty-ko and even Base and Hres have their own charm. Maybe Architect is my favorite though, I like her analytical seriousness. 

Music is great too: it fits the theme of this show and further enhances the experience. Tiny Tiny because these girls are tiny and lovable. Puzzle Heart because too many fails to figure it out, I guess, or because these girls are assembled from pieces of armaments like puzzle.

Art is simple but cute. It uses similar technology to .hack//G.U. Trilogy and Sidonia.

Final little detail is that its episodes are fully self-contained, only penultimate episode ends on a cliff hanger. Because of that it is better to stretch the experience instead of binge watching it like with shows like Code Geass. I stretched it long to offset the experience from leftovers subpar shows on my chopping block.

Overall, this is one of the best anime out there. I watched most of the anime I rated 80 to 100 way before I watched Kaiji. This is somewhat better than Girls und Panzer and Bofuri that I watched after 2016.

So, I can fully recommend it.


Frame Arms Girl: Kyakkya Ufufu na Wonderland


Finally, a few words for movie version. Unfortunately, it's not a good one. It's structured as a recollection of the events so it's hard to understand anything without watching TV series first. Aside from that they added a few new shots and scenes, but they take this show in the wrong direction. 

I originally gave movie only 6.3 which I later could only revise to 6.6 mostly to place it more appropriately compared to other shows. TV series are that much better compared to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment