Monday 14 October 2024

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo Review

Overall Rating 8.4 out of 10 - Rather unusual, but well written and very relatable love story

I recommend watching.


I tend to criticize various romance stories a lot. Most of them are unrelatable and unlikable. This however does not apply to this one. Saikano is good. For me its relatable on many levels. At times I even feel like it's written about me. 

Saikano is a good and well written romance. Some wild elements such as war in the background or the fact that she is a weapon might prevent you from taking romance seriously. However, romance is core of this show and its good. 

I gave Saikano slightly less than 5 cm per Second. However, 5 cm per Second is purely pleasant and sweet meanwhile Saikano is somewhat rough at edges and overall darker and sadder than former.

Shuji is one of few characters that do resemble me, especially in the early parts of the story. Just like me Shuji is aloof, cold and distant from people. In contrast to him however I do not blame myself for anything or help people much. 

In addition to Shuji, I find Tetsu to be relatable as well, I guess as I grew older became more like Tetsu. Chise and Tetsu's wife were involved with both of them.

Now the best part, Chise. She is very likable, just the kind of girl I like. She is cute timid and shy in a good way. She tends to blame herself for everything and tries to do everything on her own. She is adorably small, has very cute haircut and nice soft large soothing eyes. Also, she cries at many important moments, it's so cute and likable.

Chise's smile looks just like that of TrueHellDei. Several times in the series when the just show her lips feel like. Just like True, Chise is not stupid and knows various thing about the world and such. It's so interesting how she seamlessly switches between being an adorable girl and a killing machine.

Most importantly however is that Chise truly cares for Shuji. Everyone has their limitations, and she has more than others, but at least she is not indifferent to his happiness and wellbeing, like so many other girls IRL and even in anime are.

You might call Chise emotionally dependent, but that is not that much of a problem. Much worse are women who see you as source of money or a gofer for their whims. In contrast Chise does stuff for Shuji as much as she can and asks for nothing in return.

There are also other characters with their own emotional considerations. They are well written and interesting in their own way.

Overall, it's a good show and one of few proper romance shows. I recommend watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment