Wednesday 8 March 2023

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Review

Overall Rating 7.0 out of 10 - Good 

I recommend watching.

<Crazy fangirls scream unintelligible mad praise of Kamina, like banshees.>

I am not a fan nor a girl, so I can give somewhat balanced review here.

It is not bad. Some of it is kind of crazy and silly, like face mechas or beast men. Or how mechas work on sheer will and guts. or Phallic design of the main ship.

However, it has good as well. Rather interesting and well written story with couple of unique plot twists. Definitely more on unusual side of things.

Characters are diverse, some better than the rest. The good thing about then is that the way they act and think does make sense, at least for me.

Both Kamina and Simon are well written. Kamina kind of reminds me of one of my friends. He is half Kamina, half Gintoki.

I guess I have some parallels with Simon, though not that much.

Overall, it is rather unconventional anime, much unlike others. I can recommend it to fans of action, girls looking for over the top manliness as well as to people who want to see something unconvetional.

No comments:

Post a Comment