Friday 26 July 2024

Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Review

Overall Rating 4.5 out of 10 - Too much yaoi innuendo to be enjoyable

I dropped after episode 5 and do not recommend watching.

This is very uneven show. At certain moments it feels like well-made military themed story that can even beat Aldnoah.Zero at other times it just falls into its innuendo routine and make me want to quit.

After episode 1 I thought it would be solid 7.5. I wanted to drop and give it 3 after episode 2, but decided to stay around until they develop Lulu somewhat. Episodes 3 and 4 made it around 6 something. Finally, episode 5 was the final nail in the coffin, a box match as a "form of communication" between two guys is too absurd. Also, by episode 5 Lulu failed at being a cute girl, though these "ga wa pi" was funny.

This show can do a proper job sometimes. It has good art. These tropical areas in Hawaii, yachts and fancy furniture are so well made, it makes you want to live in there. Robots and other military equipment are well done as well. 

On the other hand, excess of shirtless dudes, fraternity jocks pseudo masculinity and the whole toughness routine is just awful. The show is a reverse CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things): pseudo manly dudes, doing pseudo manly things. As such it is of no value for anyone, other than fujoshi who get off yaoi and such. 

It's a shame, if not for the PMDDPMT, it could have become an awesome show.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, it's meant to be satirical, my dear husband
    Good review, nonetheless. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, a comedy supposed to be funny, that is what makes it a comedy. However, I am not laughing here like I do in Gintama, Nichijou, Excel Saga or Kill Me Baby

      Delete
  2. I am single, I do not have a wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you enjoy heartwarming stories, I think you'll like Kobato.

    ReplyDelete