Tuesday 16 July 2024

16bit Sensation: Another Layer Review

Overall Rating 6.7 out of 10 - Surprisingly interesting story, somewhat meh characters.

I recommend watching.

It's been a while since I reviewed anything as I was playing Diablo and NFSU recently. However, there is this show. 

A first I thought it would be just a one-off time skip but instead there were several and they have a story revolving around them, like Steins;Gate. They do not have as cohesive of a story as Steins;Gate but what they have is enough to keep me entertained. I will not reveal any more details to not spoil it as plot is the biggest asset this show has.

First half of the show was rather unlikable, I even thought of dropping it. However, they picked pace in the second half. They like to talk how main heroine enjoys the company of these guys, but they are nothing special just like she is. For a show about bishoujo games (sexy girl games) female cast surprisingly unsexy and un-moe.

In the second part the plot finally picks up. Things started to unfold, and you just keep watching because you want to know how they will wrap it up and what will happen in between. It gets from curious twists to wild and surreal rather fast. Suddenly you see main heroine in Tron like suit in the middle of conspiracy.

In the end they could not wrap this wild plot in any cohesive way. Deus ex interference saved them all. However it was nice rive overall, so I can recommend it. There are better shows out there, but there are many worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment