Overall Rating - 6.0 out of 10 - Better in Concept than in Implementation.
An OK show if you have nothing better to watch
Bocchi the Chunibyo
When I saw premise and picture of the main character, I thought it will be instant win. Reality of the show did disappointed but not completely ruined it.
Main character is the kind of girl I normally like. Shy, small, nerdy, insecure loner who is into books. That is why her looks are what drove me towards this show. In practice she was somewhat less appealing than what I expected but she was likable enough to keep watching.
Show itself was somewhat disappointing due to rather lackluster plot, flawed animation and somewhat uninteresting world. First half of the story Hazuki just trains to use her magic, and the second part is an elimination battle between different schools of book magic.
Book magic in itself is more interesting as concept then implementation. Each girl has a contract with a certain traditional story like Cinderella or Princess Kaguya and magic they could use is based on that particular story. In practice most magic only loosely related to stories if at all. Some stories are outright incorrect and more.
Overall, it is an ok show, even if nothing too stellar.

No comments:
Post a Comment