Sunday 8 October 2023

Diablo II

I mentioned Diablo II in my previous post in this blog.

I want to make a separate post, dedicated to just this game. Aside from subtle but very fitting story and music, that helps building atmosphere and immersion, Diablo II also has good gameplay.

Nice 7 classes that you actually want to play as. Powerful abilities you want to use.

They actually ruined it in Diablo III. For example, they replaced Necromancer with Which Doctor. However, a cool vampiric goth/emo necromancer who has domain over death itself, cannot possibly be replaced with some swampy voodoo dude who only has domain over some frogs and mosquitos.

I mean who would want to be lord of the frogs when you can be lord of death. That fact is a lot more important that a few conveniences that DIII possibly introduced. Eventually they even brought Necromancer back, but DIII Necro seem lacking some of the majesty of his DII version. 

Necromancer is undisputed lord of death: even dead people rise from the grave to bow down to his will and serve him. That is the kind of character I want to play. I will make even dead bow to my will.

I will link here a Necromancer Playthrough from Diablo II Resurrected, enjoy.

On the other hand, Full Plate and Crown geared Barbarian has really mighty rich look of a fantasy King... I can always have several chars at the same time.

I hope there is some sequel for other acts as well. Barb is not that popular, alas.


Also, there is a fun parody cartoon, based on this game, made by Carbot. Comedy at its finest



No comments:

Post a Comment